Swedish national broadcaster SVT has announced that all the competing artists for Melodifestivalen 2018 will be presented on Tuesday.
SVT has also opened the event to fans, some of which may win a “Golden Pass” for a meet-and-greet photo opportunity with the artists. Those interested may register here.
One act, Stiko Per Larsson, the winner of Sveriges Radio P4 Nästa, has been confirmed, but reports about the rest of this year’s Melfest participants have been trickling in this month. Swedish tabloid Aftonbladet’s list currently consists of Samir & Viktor, Méndez, Benjamin Ingrosso, Felix Sandman, Sigrid Bernson, Alcazar, Ida Redig, John Lundvik and Olivia Eliasson.
In September, SVT confirmed the dates and locations for the six Melfest shows next year:
- 03/02/2018 (Semi Final 1): Löfbergs Arena, Karlstad
- 10/02/2018 (Semi Final 2): Scandinavium, Gothenburg
- 17/02/2018 (Semi Final 3): Malmö Arena, Malmö
- 24/02/2018 (Semi Final 4): Fjällräven Center, Örnsköldsvik
- 03/03/2018 (Second Chance Round): Kristianstad Arena, Kristianstad
- 10/03/2018 (Grand Final): Friends Arena, Stockholm
Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest
Sweden debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1958 and has gone on to be one of the contest’s most successful countries. The country has won the contest six times, the most recent being in 2015. Sweden’s first victory came in 1974 when ABBA won the contest in Brighton with “Waterloo”. Since missing out on the final in 2010, Sweden has gone on to finish 3rd twice and has won the contest twice, only in 2013 did the country place outside of the top 10 in the final.