Úna Ní Mhistéil has won the third semi-final of Junior Eurovision Éire with her song “Álainn” and will compete in the final of the competition on November 19.
Úna Ní Mhistéil and Holly Owens both advanced to the sing-off round, in which they performed their songs again. Úna was then chosen by the panel to advance to the final. Tonight’s panel consisted of regalar judges Fiachna Ó Braonáin and Bláthnaid Tracey, along with guest judge Brian Kennedy, who represented Ireland in 2006 and was one of the judges on the first edition of Junior Eurovision Éire in 2015. Úna received the required two votes from the judges to advance to the final.
Competing tonight were:
- Úna Ní Mhistéil – “Álainn” (Beautiful)
- Cúigear Ceolmhar – “I Mo Chroí” (In My Heart)
- Holly Owens – “Saoirse” (Freedom)
- Annie Bolger – “Éire Álainn” (Beautiful Ireland)
- Nutsa Bidzishvili – “An Bháisteach” (The Rain)
- Logan McConnon – “Slán Leat” (Goodbye)
- Cathleen Garland – “A Ghrá Mo Chroí” (Love of My Heart)
- Ciara Doherty – “Tá Mé Anseo” (I Am Here)
Úna Ní Mhistéil will now compete against Muireann McDonnell, Gwenaelle Noval, the winner of the last remaining semi-final and possibly up to two wildcards in the final on November 19. The winner will become Ireland’s third participant in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest and will take part in this year’s contest in Tbilisi, the captial of Georgia.