Ana Kodra has won Junior Fest 2017 and will represent Albania in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2017 with “Mos ma prekni pemën” (Do Not Touch the Tree).
Sixteen songs took part in Junior Fest 2017, which was held in the Palace of Congresses in Tirana. A three-member jury, made up of Fatma Methasani, Andi Bajgora and Lum Veseli. The sixteen songs that competed tonight were:
- Ajla Buzi – DJ Pom
- Alina Jani – Yjet (Stardom)
- Amela Agastra – Dance Up
- Ana Kodra – Mos ma prekni pemën (Do Not Touch the Tree)
- Argisa Sako – Ola
- Auron Ismaili – Shkolla e vjetër (Old School)
- Diana Tahiri – Një sekret (A Secret)
- Jana Shala – Si një melodi (Like a Melody)
- Klaudia & Eliza Thartori – Garderoba (Wardrobe)
- Kleanca Susaj – Melodi (Melody)
- Kristiana Veshaj – Profesioni (Profession)
- Sara Bajraktari – Flas me ëndrrën (I Speak with Dreams)
- Uendi Goga – Të japim ty një shpresë (Let’s give you hope)
- Valeria Cara – Kohën pas ta kthej (Time to return)
- Vivian Biaggioni – Si në përrallë (In the Fairytale)
- Vivian Kokeri – Historia që nuk flet (History Does not Speak)
Ana’s song was written by Kristi Popa and composed by Jorgo Papingji. A number of the competing songs were written, composed or produced by singers or writers who have previously taken part in Festivali i Kenges. Of note is Auron Ismaili with “Shkolla e vjetër”, the lyrics were written by Yll Limani, he finished joint third at FiK in 2016. Also of interest is “Një sekret” performed by Diana Tahiri, the lyrics for this entry have been written by Avni Qahili who has been involved with Albania’s Turkvision entries.
Last year in Malta, Albania was represented Klesta Qehaja with the song “Besoj”. She finished 13th in the final scoring a total of 38 points. Her highest points came in the form of 7 points from the Serbian jury, overall she finished 11th with the adult jury, 14th with the kids jury and 12th with the expert jury.
[tw-accordion-section title=”Albania in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest”]
Albania first debuted in the Junior Eurovision Contest in 2012, and to date have had 3 entries. The country is still yet to win the contest, and their best result was in 2015, when Mishela Rapo performed her song “Dambaje”, which scored a total of 93 points and ended on 5th place. Albania’s worst result occurred in their debut in 2012, where Igzidora Gjeta and her song “Kam Një Këngë Vetëm Për Ju” placed 12th (last) with 35 points. Albania were absent from the contest in 2013 and 2014, before returning again in 2015.