Today Russia will select their entrant for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2017 which takes in November in Tbilisi, Georgia.
A total of 21 singers and groups from across Russia have traveled to the Artek Camp to compete in this years Russian selection process for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest. The winner of the selection, which is being held today, is decided by 50% jury voting and 50% public vote. The public has already been decided, with the public invited to vote for their favourite song via the Russian selection website.
The singers and groups hoping to represent Russia in Georgia are:
- Viktoriya Bezdomnikova – Provokatsiya (Provocation)
- Polina Borusevich – Krelya (Wings)
- Anastasiya Gladilina – Pover (Believe Me)
- Vladlena Gubareva – Vorona (Crow)
- Egor Ermolaev – Para (Couple)
- Kirill Esin – Yarkiye Tantsy (Bright Dances)
- Gruppa “Kinder Star” – Pikhama Pati (Pajama Party)
- Elvira Kirsanova – Mechta (Dream)
- Yuliya Kondrashenko – Moya Muzika (My Music)
- Gruppa “Kudri” – Kudri (Curls)
- Arseniye Kulikov – Gadkhety (Gadgets)
- Glafira Leukhina – Momente (Moments)
- Ksenia Neznamova – Oblaka (Clouds)
- Ulyana Ovchinnikova – Davaye Uletim (Let’s Fly Away)
- Gruppa “Ochechi” – Vekhodnoye (Output)
- Gruppa “Papaiya” – Veshe (Higher)
- Polina Terekhova – Puls Planety (Pulse of the Planet)
- Veronika Ustimova – Ya Be Khotela Vse Uznat (I Would Like To Know Everything)
- Vilena Hikmatullina – Gravitatsiya (Gravity)
- Anna Chernotalova – Eta Muzika (This is Music)
- Gruppa “Emoji” – Vremiya Ne Zdet (Time Does Not Wait)
The top five in the public vote heading into the show tonight are as follows:
- Polina Borusevich – Krelya (Wings) – 9.6% of the vote
- Egor Ermolaev – Para (Couple) – 9.4% of the vote
- Veronika Ustimova – Ya Be Khotela Vse Uznat (I Would Like To Know Everything) – 9.3% of the vote
- Kirill Esin – Yarkiye Tantsy (Bright Dances) – 9.0% of the vote
- Anastasiya Gladilina – Pover (Believe Me) – 8.5% of the vote
Today’s final will be broadcast on delay, on June 4 from 18:00 local time.
[tw-accordion-section title=”Russia at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest”]
Russia debuted in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2005 and has participated in the contest every year since. Russia won the contest in 2006 represented by the Tolmachevy Twins and the song “Vesenniy jazz”, they scored a total of 154 points. Russia has never finished outside of the top.10 in their appearances at the contest, they have finished second twice, fourth four times and fifth once. Last year in Malta, Russia finished 4th with a total of 202 points just 7 points behind third placed Italy.