The songs that the 21 hopefuls in Russia’s selection for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2017 will perform have been revealed.
Voting opened last night to decide who will represent Russia at the 15th edition of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Tbilisi, Georgia. The public can now register online on the official website for the competition in Russia and vote for the act they want to see represent Russia this November in Georgia.
- Viktoriya Bezdomnikova – Provokatsiya (Provocation)
- Polina Borusevich – Krelya (Wings)
- Anastasiya Gladilina – Pover (Believe Me)
- Vladlena Gubareva – Vorona (Crow)
- Egor Ermolaev – Para (Couple)
- Kirill Esin – Yarkiye Tantsy (Bright Dances)
- Gruppa “Kinder Star” – Pikhama Pati (Pajama Party)
- Elvira Kirsanova – Mechta (Dream)
- Yuliya Kondrashenko – Moya Muzika (My Music)
- Gruppa “Kudri” – Kudri (Curls)
- Arseniye Kulikov – Gadkhety (Gadgets)
- Glafira Leukhina – Momente (Moments)
- Ksenia Neznamova – Oblaka (Clouds)
- Ulyana Ovchinnikova – Davaye Uletim (Let’s Fly Away)
- Gruppa “Ochechi” – Vekhodnoye (Output)
- Gruppa “Papaiya” – Veshe (Higher)
- Polina Terekhova – Puls Planety (Pulse of the Planet)
- Veronika Ustimova – Ya Be Khotela Vse Uznat (I Would Like To Know Everything)
- Vilena Hikmatullina – Gravitatsiya (Gravity)
- Anna Chernotalova – Eta Muzika (This is Music)
- Gruppa “Emoji” – Vremiya Ne Zdet (Time Does Not Wait)
The winner of the Russian selection will be decided by 50% public vote and 50% jury voting. This years Russian final takes place on June 3 at the Artek Camp in Crimea. Of note is that since the original list of competitors were announced, a further two acts have been added to the list of participants bringing the number of participants to 21.
Source: JESC Russia
[tw-accordion-section title=”Russia at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest”]
Russia debuted in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2005 and has participated in the contest every year since. Russia won the contest in 2006 represented by the Tolmachevy Twins and the song “Vesenniy jazz”, they scored a total of 154 points. Russia has never finished outside of the top.10 in their appearances at the contest, they have finished second twice, fourth four times and fifth once. Last year in Malta, Russia finished 4th with a total of 202 points just 7 points behind third placed Italy.