Bulgaria will reveal their entrant for the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Kyiv, Ukraine, at the beginning of March.
The Bulgarian broadcaster BNT has revealed via Twitter that they will announce their entrant for the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 at the beginning of March. This follows the news that their selection was “a three horse race with one horse running really fast!”. Five songs in total were being considered to represent the country, but this news seems to suggest they have found their entry and song.
The three songs that are in contention have been described as follows:
- Song One – modern, party, r&b, strong beat, club
- Song Three – modern, pop-ballad, dark, strong / meaningful
- Song Five – modern, mid-tempo, strong beat, very strong
The other two songs that are in the selection are described as follows:
- Song Two – fairytale, high vocals,Eurovision, keychange, mid-tempo
- Song Four – rock, more rock, even more rock, slight mix with traditional music
The Bulgarian entry will be performed in English, with one possible entry containing a few words in Bulgarian. This will be the second year in a row that Bulgaria are internally selecting their entry, as for the 2016 contest in Stockholm, Poli Genova was selected with the song “If Love Was a Crime”. She brought Bulgaria back into a Eurovision final for the first time since 2007, and finished 4th overall the countries best result to date.