The window within which singers can apply to represent Russia at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2017 has now opened.
Those wishing to represent Russia at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Georgia can now apply to participate in the countries national selection. The applications window opened on February 10 and will remain open until April 10th. Once the application window has closed, the Academy of Popular Music of Igor Krutoy and the Russian broadcaster “Karusel” will invite singers to auditions in Moscow.
The rules of the selection are as follows:
- Songs must not have been commercially released before 1 May 2017, the songs cannot have been available online, or played on either television or radio before May 1.
- Singers must be a minimum of 9 years old and no older than 14 years in November 2017.
- Songs must last a minimum of two minutes and 50 seconds, they cannot exceed three minutes long.
- The song must contain at least one chorus and one verse in Russia, a maximum of 25% of the lyrics can be performed in English.
- The participants must be involved in the creation of the song that they are performing at the contest.
The Russian selection process is being held in three stages, these are as follows:
- Stage One: Online application process, singers between 9 and 14 years old are invited to submit their application to compete in the contest.
- Stage Two: Auditions will be held in Moscow, the artists that make it through the firsts stage are invited to perform for a professional jury.
- Stage Three: National selection will be held in Artek, Crimea, the winner of the selection will represent Russia at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2017.