Tonight the second heat of the Latvian national final process Supernova has been held in Riga. Eleven participants performed in the second heat and four acts qualified for the semi final taking place next weekend with eight participants.
Tonight’s qualifiers are:
- The HiQ – “Taju ot lyubvi”
- The Ludvig – “I’m In Love With You” (Jury choice)
- Santa Daņeļeviča – “Your Breath” (Jury choice)
- Markus Riva – “Dynamite”
- Triana Park – “Line” (Televoting)
- Katrine Lukins – “Silhouette”
- Toms Kalderauskis – “We Won’t Back Down”
- Laura & Chris – “Little Weird”
- Miks Galvanovskis – “Runaway”
- My Radiant You – “All I Know” (Televoting)
- UP – “One by One”
So the line-up of the semi final of Supernova 2017 is now complete. The semi finalists are:
- Miks Dukurs – “Spiritual Priest”
- Lauris Valters – “Magic Years”
- Franco Franco – “Up”
- Linda Leen – “Who Is In Charge
- My Radiant You – “All I Know”
- Triana Park – “Line”
- Santa Daņeļeviča – “Your Breath”
- The Ludvig – “I’m In Love With You”
The semi final will take place on February 19th and the final where the Latvian representative is chosen will be held on February 26th with four participants.
Eurovision Song Contest 2017 will take place in Kiev, Ukraine with the semi-finals taking place on 9th and 11th May and the final on May 13th.
[tw-accordion-section title=”Latvia in the Eurovision Song Contest”]
Latvia debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2000, being the last of the Baltic nations to join the contest. On their debut Brainstorm finished 3rd overall with the song “My Star”. It was in 2002 that Latvia won the contest, with Marie N taking a surprise victory with the song “I Wanna”. Latvia only participated in 2002 thanks to the withdrawal of Portugal from that year’s contest. Latvia struggled in to the contest after 2002 failing to qualify for the final for six years between 2009 and 2014. In the past two years Latvia has finished 6th in the final and 15th in the final.