Lithuania’s behemoth selection show, Eurovizijos dainų konkurso nacionalinė atranka, (National Selection for the Eurovision Song Contest) continued tonight with its fourth and final heat, and had eleven artists beat it out for the six places in the next round of the show.
As with recent years the results were decided by a combination of a jury of professionals and a public televote. Each with 50% of the vote.
The running order and breakdown of the results can be found below. The six acts in bold are the ones that have made it through to the next round of the show in two weeks time.
- Elvina Milkauskaitė – Try ~ 2 points (1 jury / 1 televote)
- Julija Jegorova – Higher ~ 7 points (4 jury / 3 televote)
- Evaldas Vaikasas – Fire Kisses ~ 10 points (3 jury / 7 televote)
- Neringa Šiaudikytė – Running Out of Time ~ 12 points (8 jury / 4 televote)
- Vlad Max – I’ll Never Let You Down ~ 0 points (0 jury / 0 televote)
- Shiny Raia – All You ~ 8 points (6 jury / 2 televote)
- Alanas Chošnau – 7 Days ~ 18 points (10 jury / 8 televote)
- Valerija Iljinaitė – You Made Me Glow ~ 13 points (7 jury / 6 televote)
- Queens of Roses – Fisherman ~ 15 points (5 jury / 10 televote)
- Audrius Janonis – Run ~ 7 points (2 jury / 5 televote)
- Aistė Pilvelytė – I’m like a wolf ~ 24 points (12 jury / 12 televote)
Next week’s ‘Eurovizijos’ will be the first quarter final.
The show will be broadcast on LRT at 20:00 CET.
You can find out what the jury members thought about tonight’s acts here.
LRT and Lithuania will be hoping that the changes to their national selection format will create a winning formula to help them win for the first time. The Baltic country has never managed to make the top five in the final at Eurovision, though the country did achieve their second best ever result last year in Stockholm at 9th place (200 points), with Donny Montell.
[tw-accordion-section title=”Lithuania’s history at Eurovision”]
Lithuania debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994, however on their debut they finished in last place with nul points. Lithuania didn’t return to the contest until 1999 when Aiste finished 20th with the song “Strazdas”. Lithuania’s best result came in 2006 when LT United performed “We Are The Winners”. They finished 6th in the final with a total of 162 points. Lithuania’s only other top 10 finish came in 2016 when Donny Montell performed “I’ve Been Waiting For This Night” in Stockholm, where he received 12 points from the public in Ireland, Norway & United Kingdom.