Lithuania’s epic marathon selection show Eurovizijos opened tonight with its first show, and had 12 artists beat it out for the six places in the next round of the show.
As with recent years the results were decided by a combination of a jury of professionals and a public televote.
The running order and breakdown of the results can be found below. The 6 acts in bold are the ones that have made it through to the next round of the show in 4 weeks time.
- Justinas Stanislovaitis (Justin3) – Streets Of Vilnius ~ 3 points (Jury 1 / Televote 2)
- Rūta Andruškevičiūtė – The Way To Your Heaven ~ 0 points (Jury 0 / Televote 0)
- Paula Valentaitė – Never Let You Go ~ 17 points (Jury 5 /Televote 12)
- Vilius Krivickas & Edvinas Gurevičius (Golden Monkeys) – Septyni dievai ~ 14 points (Jury 7 / Televote 7)
- Augustė Vedrickaitė – It’s Not Over (Not To Me) ~ 6 points (Jury 3 / Televote 3)
- Sasha Song – Never Felt Like This Before ~ 18 points (Jury 10 / Televote 8)
- Dagna Kondratavičiūtė – Feel It ~ 4 points (Jury 4 / Televote 0)
- Audrius Petrauskas – Shine Like Gold ~ 6 points (Jury 5 / Televote 1)
- Benas Malakauskas – Rolling ~ 12 points (Jury 8 / Televote 4)
- Tadas Rimgaila & Samanta Tina – Tavo oda ~ 7 points (Jury 2 / Televote 5)
- Ugnė Kudlaitė (Otreya) – Last Two Weeks ~ 12 points (Jury 6 / Televote 6)
- Edgaras Lubys – Could It Be? ~ 22 points (Jury 12 / Televote 10)
Next week’s heat will be the second out of 4, and will have 13 artists battling it out for 6 places. It will be broadcast on LRT at 20:00 CET.
LRT and Lithuania will be hoping that the changes to their national selection format will create a winning formula to help them win for the first time. The Baltic country has never managed to make the top five in the final at Eurovision. The country did however achieve their secondbest ever result last year in Stockholm at 9th place (200 points), with Donny Montell, their second highest ever placing.
Tell us how you feel about the results of tonight’s show and how your favourite’s fared in the comments below.