Russia has confirmed their Junior Eurovision 2017 participation as their search for next years participants begins.
Russia has launched their selection process for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2017. They are the second country to officially confirm their participation after Cyprus. The Russian selection process is being held in three stages, these are as follows:
- Stage One: Online application process, singers between 9 and 14 years old are invited to submit their application to compete in the contest.
- Stage Two: Auditions will be held in Moscow, the artists that make it through the firsts stage are invited to perform for a professional jury.
- Stage Three: National selection will be held in Artek, Crimea, the winner of the selection will represent Russia at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2017.
The rules of the selection are as follows:
- Songs must not have been commercially released before 1 May 2017, the songs cannot have been available online, or played on either television or radio before May 1.
- Singers must be a minimum of 9 years old and no older than 14 years in November 2017.
- Songs must last a minimum of two minutes and 50 seconds, they cannot exceed three minutes long.
- The song must contain at least one chorus and one verse in Russia, a maximum of 25% of the lyrics can be performed in English.
- The participants must be involved in the creation of the song that they are performing at the contest.
The host country of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2017 is yet to be formally announced. The winners of the 2016 contest, Georgia retain the right to first refusal with regards to hosting the 2017 contest.
Source: JESC Russia
[tw-accordion-section title=”Russia in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest”]
Russia debuted in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2005 and has participated in the contest every year since. Russia won the contest in 2006 represented by the Tolmachevy Twins and the song “Vesenniy jazz”, they scored a total of 154 points. Russia has never finished outside of the top.10 in their appearances at the contest, they have finished second twice, fourth four times and fifth once.