The finalists in Festivali i Kenges 55 have been selected tonight in Albania, with the fourteen artists performing in tomorrow nights final.
A total of twenty-four singers have now taken to the stage of Festivali i Kenges 55, but only fourteen have made it through to the final tomorrow night. The fourteen qualifiers were selected by 50% jury vote and 50% televote. For the first time ever the Albanian public were able to vote via SMS for the artist they want to see compete in the final tomorrow night.
Kasem Hoxha and Ledina Çelo are the hosts for Festivali i Kenges 55. Ledina Çelo will be a familiar name for Eurovision fans as she represented Albania at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2005. Ledina hosted Festivali i Kenges for the first time in 2003, when the event was first used to select the countries entrant for Eurovision. It was then the following year she won the selection with the song “Tomorrow I Go”. Kasem is a an Albanian born actor who currently resides in Germany, he is part of the film “Chromium” which has been submitted for the Best Foreign Language Film at next years Academy Awards.
The 24 competing artists were as follows (Qualifiers are in bold):
- Albulena Jashari – Fjalet ia le Zemres/Words Left for Heart
- Classic Boys – Dashuria per jeten/Love for the Life
- Dilan Reka – Mos Harro/Dont Forget
- Edea Demaliaj – Besoj ne Enderra/Belive in Dreams
- Elson Braha – Edhe nje here/ One More Time
- Erlind Zeraliu – Dhimbja e Gezimit/The Pain of Happines
- Fabiola Agalliu & Agnesa Çavolli – Shkon e Vjen/Comes and Goes
- Festina Mejzini – Atje Lart/Up There
- Flaka Krelani – Osiris
- Franc Koruni – Macka/Kitty
- Genc Salihu -Ketu/Here
- Linda Halimi – Bote/World
- Linda Rukaj – Vija e Lumit/The River Line
- Lorela – Me Ty/With You
- LYNX – Sot/Today
- Luka & Serxhio Hajdini – Koha Plaket/Time Gets Old
- Neki Emra – Dashuri dhe Urrejtje/Love and Hate
- Orges Toçe – Shi Diamantesh/Diamond Rain
- Rezarta Smaja – Pse Prite Gjate/Why did you wait so long
- Tiri – Me zgjo/Wake Me Up
- Yll Limani – Shiu/The Rain
- XUXI – Metropol/Metropol
- Xhenji Lito – Pritja
- Xhesika Polo – Eva Jam Une/I am Eva
[tw-accordion-section title=”Albania in the Eurovision Song Contest”]
Albania debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2004 where they were represented by Anjeza Shahini. In Istanbul she performed the song “The Image of You” going on to finish 7th in the final scoring a total of 106 points. Albania’s best result in the contest came in 2012 when they were represented by Rona Nishliu and her song “Suus”, she finished 5th in the final scoring 4 sets of 12 points.