Just four singers have made it through to next weeks semi final, with two singers knocked out of the first semi final of Depi Evratesil.
A total of four singers will have qualified from the first semi final of Depi Evratesil and still in the running to represent Armenia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Kyiv, Ukraine. Tonight’s show saw the public able to vote for the first time, having a 50% say in who made it through to the second semi final next week in Yerevan. The remaining 50% of the vote was decided by the jury made up of former Eurovision participants.
Through to the next show are:
- Anush Arshakyan – Marta
- Essai – Artsvik
- Hayko – Egine
- Inga Arshakyan – Syuzanna Melqonyan
Knocked out of the contest are:
- Aram MP3 – Lucy
- Iveta Mukuchyan – Vahe Aleksanyan
The judging panel for Depi Evratesil is made up of a number of former Eurovision participants from the country, they are:
- Anush Arshakyan – Part of the duo Inga & Anush who represented Armenia in 2009 with the song “Jan Jan”.
- Aram MP3 – Finished 4th for Armenia at the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest with the song “Not Alone”.
- Essaï Altounian – Represented Armenia at the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna, Austria as part of the group Genealogy.
- Hayko – Represented Armenia on their second appearance at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2007.
- Inga Arshakyan – Part of the duo Inga & Anush (Eurovision 2009), she also returned to the contest in 2015 as part of the group Genealogy.
- Iveta Mukuchyan – Represented Armenia at the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest in Stockholm, Sweden.
[tw-accordion-section title=”Armenia in the Eurovision Song Contest”]
Armenia debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2006 and has participated every year since excluding 2012. The countries best results came in 2008 and 2014 when they finished 4th in the final. At this years contest in Stockholm, Armenia was represented by Iveta Mukuchyan and the song “LoveWave” finishing 7th in the final.