Tomorrow the first semi final of Depi Evratesil takes place in Armenia, with the public now having a say in who makes it through.
The Armenian public get a say in who makes it through to the next round of Depi Evratesil, as the SMS vote is introduced to the show. A total of four singers will qualify from the first semi final tomorrow, and all of the remaining singers will be hoping it is them who will make it through to the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Kyiv, Ukraine.
The public will be able to vote up to 20 times from one phone, with the public vote being combined with the jury vote to select the four qualifiers. Vying for a place in the next show are:
- Anush Arshakyan – Marta
- Aram MP3 – Lucy
- Essai – Artsvik
- Hayko – Egine
- Inga Arshakyan – Syuzanna Melqonyan
- Iveta Mukuchyan – Vahe Aleksanyan
The judging panel for Depi Evratesil is made up of a number of former Eurovision participants from the country, they are:
- Anush Arshakyan – Part of the duo Inga & Anush who represented Armenia in 2009 with the song “Jan Jan”.
- Aram MP3 – Finished 4th for Armenia at the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest with the song “Not Alone”.
- Essaï Altounian – Represented Armenia at the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna, Austria as part of the group Genealogy.
- Hayko – Represented Armenia on their second appearance at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2007.
- Inga Arshakyan – Part of the duo Inga & Anush (Eurovision 2009), she also returned to the contest in 2015 as part of the group Genealogy.
- Iveta Mukuchyan – Represented Armenia at the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest in Stockholm, Sweden.
[tw-accordion-section title=”Armenia in the Eurovision Song Contest”]
Armenia debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2006 and has participated every year since excluding 2012. The countries best results came in 2008 and 2014 when they finished 4th in the final. At this years contest in Stockholm, Armenia was represented by Iveta Mukuchyan and the song “LoveWave” finishing 7th in the final.