Six singers have made it through the second of the two battle round shows tonight as Armenia’s Eurovision 2017 selection process continues.
The second of the two battle round shows took place tonight in Armenia, with only 12 singers now remaining in Depi Evratesil. The show tonight saw the judges pit two of their sings against one another, with the panel of judges then deciding on who would make it through to the next round of the countries selection process for the Eurovision Song Contest 2017.
Through to the next round are (Qualifiers in bold):
- Anush Arshakyan: Anna Sedrakyan vs Alexander Plato
- Aram MP3: Lilit Harutyunyan vs Jujo
- Essai: Opera Viva vs Marissa
- Hayko: Eva Kans vs Egine
- Inga: Narine Jinanyan vs Syuzanna Melqonyan
- Iveta: Sona Dunoyan vs Vahe Aleksanyan
The judge teams are currently as follows:
- Anush Arshakyan – Marta, Alexander Plato
- Aram MP3 – Lucy, Lilit Harutyunyan
- Essai – Artsvik, Opera Viva
- Hayko – Anna Danielyan, Egine
- Inga Arshakyan – Gevorg Harutyunyan, Syuzanna Melqonyan
- Iveta Mukuchyan – Hasmik Shiroyan, Vahe Aleksanyan
The judging panel for Depi Evratesil is made up of a number of former Eurovision participants from the country, they are:
- Anush Arshakyan – Part of the duo Inga & Anush who represented Armenia in 2009 with the song “Jan Jan”.
- Aram MP3 – Finished 4th for Armenia at the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest with the song “Not Alone”.
- Essaï Altounian – Represented Armenia at the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna, Austria as part of the group Genealogy.
- Hayko – Represented Armenia on their second appearance at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2007.
- Inga Arshakyan – Part of the duo Inga & Anush (Eurovision 2009), she also returned to the contest in 2015 as part of the group Genealogy.
- Iveta Mukuchyan – Represented Armenia at the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest in Stockholm, Sweden.
Source: Depi Evratesil
[tw-accordion-section title=”Armenia in the Eurovision Song Contest”]
Armenia debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2006 and has participated every year since excluding 2012. The countries best results came in 2008 and 2014 when they finished 4th in the final. At this years contest in Stockholm, Armenia was represented by Iveta Mukuchyan and the song “LoveWave” finishing 7th in the final.