Amy McGrath has won the fourth and final semi final in the Irish selection process for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2016 in Malta.
Today saw the last semi final of the Irish selection process for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2016 held. Amy McGrath beat off competition from seven other talented young singers to secure her spot in next weekends final. As ever the qualifying artist was selected by a jury made up of Fiachna O Braonain and Pauline Scanlon, joining the jury this week was Niamh Kavanagh Eurovision 1993 winner.
Competing tonight were:
- Stephanie Byrne from Naas, Co. Kildare
- Amy McGrath from Ballina, Co. Mayo
- Danny McGahey from Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
- Lucy Hood from Ballyroan, Co. Laois
- Eva Kavanagh from Hacketstown, Co. Carlow
- Arabella Dolan from Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
- Aisli Moran & Jennifer Nelson from Dublin
- Lasairfhíona de Brún from Cork
Four artists have now been selected to make their way into the final of the Irish selection next week. One artist will also be joining them in next weeks final, this wildcard singer will be selected by the jury from the singers who did not directly qualify for the final so far.