Clióna Nic Dhomhnaill has won the third semi final of the Irish selection process for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2016.
Clióna Nic Dhomhnaill has beaten off competition from seven other artists to make it through to the final of Junior Eurovision Éire 2016. Tonight saw the third semi final of this years Irish selection process broadcast, with another eight singers hoping to make it through to the final on November 6.
Competing tonight were:
- Éabha Sullivan from Inniscarra, Co. Cork
- Rachel Haughney from Carlow
- Ruben O’Mahony from Blackrock, Co. Dublin
- Rosalind Hayes from Naas, Co. Kildare
- Lillie Foley from Killarney, Co. Kerry
- Na Deirfiúracha Drumgoole from Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan
- Clióna Nic Dhomhnaill from Borris-in-Ossory, Co. Laois
- Disha Suresh Kumar from Bray, Co. Wicklow
On the jury for the third episode were Fiachna O Braonain and Paulien Scanlon, as well as Sandie Jones. Sandie Jones represented Ireland at the Eurovision Song Contest 1972, being the first and only singer to perform in Irish at the Eurovision Song Contest.
Next Sunday’s show is the last of the four semi finals, where one last singer will be selected to make it through directly to the final.