The Eurovision season gets underway tonight with the first episode of Armenia’s Eurovision 2017 selection process Depi Evratesil.
Tonight a number of young talented Armenian singers will be taking to the stage all hoping to make it through to the next round of Depi Evratesil (To Eurovision). The singers will be covering a famous song and hoping to impress the judges.
On the judging panel are:
- Anush Arshakyan – Part of the duo Inga & Anush who represented Armenia in 2009 with the song “Jan Jan”.
- Aram MP3 – Finished 4th for Armenia at the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest with the song “Not Alone”.
- Essaï Altounian – Represented Armenia at the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna, Austria as part of the group Genealogy.
- Hayko – Represented Armenia on their second appearance at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2007.
- Inga Arshakyan – Part of the duo Inga & Anush (Eurovision 2009), she also returned to the contest in 2015 as part of the group Genealogy.
- Iveta Mukuchyan – Represented Armenia at the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest in Stockholm, Sweden.
Watch the show live from 20:15 CET here.
[tw-accordion-section title=”Armenia in the Eurovision Song Contest”]
Armenia debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2006 and has participated every year since excluding 2012. The countries best results came in 2008 and 2014 when they finished 4th in the final. At this years contest in Stockholm, Armenia was represented by Iveta Mukuchyan and the song “LoveWave” finishing 7th in the final.