SVT the Swedish national broadcaster has this morning announced the host cities and dates for Melodifestivalen 2017.
SVT has opted to host next years contest in cities that all have previous experience hosting Melodifestivalen. Gothenburg, Malmö, and Stockholm will all be hosting a show, having hosted a show in 2016. While Skellefteå, Växjö and Linköping are making a return to the Melodifestivalen circuit.
The dates of the shows and locations are as follows:
- Heat 1 – Gothenburg – February 4
- Heat 2 – Malmö – February 11
- Heat 3 – Växjö – February 18
- Heat 4 – Skellefteå – February 25
- Andra Chansen – Linköping – March 4
- Final – Stockholm – March 11
Anette Helenius, Project Manager of Melodifestivalen told SVT that:
It’s always fun to come back to the cities that choose to be hosts again for the Eurovision Song Contest. They know what it means and are excited to showcase a host based on past experiences so that they can raise the bar yet another notch.