NTU the Ukrainian national broadcaster has announced more details about their Junior Eurovision 2016 selection final on September 10.
The final will be broadcast live on UA:Pershyi from 11:00 CET, the final will be taking place at the Sky Family Park in the Ukrainian Capital, Kyiv. The winner of the selection will be decided by 50% public televoting and 50% jury voting, the members of the jury will be revealed in the next couple of days.
The 12 acts who will be competing in the selection are:
- Anastasiia Bahinska – “Mii svit” (My world)
- Andrii Boiko, – “Open your heart”
- Sofiia Shkidchenko, – “Dolce vita”
- Sofiia Lozina – “Uhorskyi tanok” (Hungarian dance)
- Alisa Panchuk – “Pyi svoi mrii” (Drink your dreams)
- Denys Rodin – “Ukraina – mama moia” (Ukraine – my mother)
- Polina Dashkova, – “Do Boha” (To the Lord)
- Iuliia Radchuk – “Moia zoria” (My star)
- Sofiia Rol – “Planet craves for love”
- Denys Dovirak & Natalia Sadova – “Ia chekaiu svoho lysta” (I am waiting for my letter)
- Band «VoiceLand» – “Vidchyny svoie sertse” (Open your heart)
- Diana Sapozhko – “Tvii svit” (Your world)
A number of special guests will be performing as part of the final including Svetlana Tarabova (2016 Eurovision selection participant) and Anna Trincher (Junior Eurovision 2015 participant). Also performing will be the groups KADNAY and Vivienne Mort.
[tw-accordion-section title=”What is the Junior Eurovision Song Contest?”]
The Junior Eurovision Song Contest was first held in Copenhagen, Denmark in 2003 with the contest being won by Croatia who were represented by Dino Jelušić and “Ti si moja prva ljubav”. The contest is open to singers aged between 10 and 15, singers must also perform at least 75% of their song in the language of their country. Since the first contest singers from Italy, Belarus and the Netherlands to name just a handful have won the contest. This years contest is being held on November 20 in the Maltese Capital.