The 11 young musicians from across Europe have arrived in Cologne for Eurovision Young Musicians 2016 this Saturday.
Last night the welcoming party was held in Cologne City Hall and was attended by all eleven competing young musicians. Also present were the host broadcaster WDR and the Executive Supervisor of Eurovision Young Musicians, Jon Ola Sand. Eurovision Young Musicians 2016 marks the first event in which Jon Ola Sand will be an Executive Supervisor of a contest other than the Eurovision Song Contest.
Today rehearsals have begun for the final on Saturday night, the young musicians will be performing one piece each, and will be hoping to impress the judges and take home the title. The pieces that the young musicians will be performing have not been fully revealed. However it is known that Eliot Nordqvist from Sweden will be performing a excerpt of Saint-Saëns Piano Concerto No. 2, it has also been revealed he will be performing 5th in the final.
The competing countries and their participants are as follows:
- Austria – Dominik Wagner – Double Bass
- Croatia – Marko Martinović – Tamburica
- Czech Republic – Robert Bily – Piano
- Germany – Raul Maria Dignola – Horn
- Hungary – Jakab Roland Atilla – Violin
- Malta – Dmitry Ishkhanov – Piano
- Norway – Ludvig Gudim – Violin
- Poland – Łukasz Dyczko – Saxophone
- San Marino – Francesco Stefanelli – Cello
- Slovenia – Zala Vidic – Cello
- Sweden – Eliot Nordqvist – Piano
For more information about this years contest and news from the selections process check out the “Eurovision Young Musicians 2016” section on the website.