The eight young musicians in Norway’s Eurovision Young Musicians 2016 selection process have been announced by NRK.
The selection which gets underway on February 4 will see eight young musicians competing in two semi finals before the final four compete in the final on March 19. The eight competing musicians were selected from the hundreds of applications to NRK. They are:
- Ludvig Gudim. Violin. 16 years from Oslo
- Annie Eline Lundgreen. Saxophone. 15 years from Sande in Vestfold
- Frida Siegrist Oliver. Viola. 17 years from Stavanger
- Vivian Louise Tsui. Klaver. 18 years from Oslo
- Trond Sagbakken. Trumpet. 17 years from Gausdal / Oslo
- Inga Våga Gaustad. Violin. 17 years from Nesoddtangen
- Michael Andreas Grolid. Viola. 18 years from Ås
- Nhi Phuong Do. Violin. 17 years from Nesoddtangen
On the jury of Virtuos are violinist Juliet Jopling, clarinetist Andreas Sundén, Director of the Oslo Philharmonic Ingrid Røynesdal and jury president Arild Erikstad.