Ivan (Alexander Ivanov) has been selected by the Belarussian public to represent Belarus at the 61st edition of the Eurovision Song Contest.
Ivan beat off competition from 9 other acts in the selection which was held this evening in Minsk, Belarus. The decision as to who will represent Belarus in Stockholm was down to 100% televote after TVR decided to remove the jury voting from the process last year. Ivan will be performing “Help you fly” in Stockholm.
Ivan born as Alexander Ivanov was born in Gomel in 1994. His singing career began back in 2009 and rose to prominence in 2014 after participating and winning “Five Stars” in Yalta, the show saw him selected as the Russian participant at the Intervision Song Contest. The event did not take place in the end. Alexander released his first single back in September 2015 which gained large amounts of media attention across Belarus and Russia.
The participants were as follows:
- Alexey Gross – Flame – 3202 – 5th
- Sasha Zakharik – Glory Night – 727 – 10th
- Valeriya Sadovskaya – Not alone – 1322 – 8th
- Radiovolna – Radiowave (Ne shodi s uma) – 805 – 9th
- The EM – Turn Around – 2164 – 7th
- Navi – Geta zyamlya – 5423 – 4th
- Ivan (Alexander Ivanov) – Help you fly – 23167 – 1st
- Anastasiya Malashkevich – Pray for love – 2680 – 6th
- Kirill Yermakov – Running to the Sun – 13555 – 3rd
- NAPOLI – My Universe – 22399 – 2nd
Watch the winning performance below: