Details of the opening ceremony for the 13th Junior Eurovision Song Contest have been released this afternoon by the EBU.
The 90 minute who will be held at the National Palace of Culture in Sofia, Bulgaria and will be hosted by Joanna Dragneva, Joanna represented Bulgaria at Eurovision 2008. The Opening Ceremony starting from 19:30 CET will welcome the 17 competing countries to this years host city and will see the countries drawing their running order.
The running order will be decided in the following order:
- Bulgaria will draw a number out of pot, this number between 1-17 will be their starting position.
- The remaining 16 countries will coming up individually to draw either the first half or the second half
- The order in which the countries will come up to do the draw will be decided by the second letter of that countries name.
There will also be a number of special acts performing as part of the show they include:
- Bulgaria’s beatbox champion 16 year old Maxim Moravski
- Traditional dancing from dancers of the National school of dance arts.
- The group Bon-Bon and their former member and this years host Poli Genova
- Krisia Todorova performing this years theme song “#Discover”
The night will end with fireworks that mark the start of the 13th Junior Eurovision Song Contest. The show is being broadcast live on BNT 1 and well as on the JuniorEurovision.tv website.
We will also be live at the red carpet so check out social media throughout the evening for pictures, videos and much more.