France 2 has opened its submissions window for Eurovision 2016, deadline for submissions is October 31.
The rules for the submissions process it open to singers who want to submit their own material as well as songwriters who have a song they wish to submit which needs a singer to be found to perform. The rules of the selection is as follows:
- Singers must be between the ages of 16 and 50
- You must be able to sing in French and be able to promote in both French and English
- Song must not have been publicly released before September 1, 2015
- The song must not have ever been promoted, it must not have ever been heard before. The song title or snippets of the song cannot have been released on social media or on online platforms.
- Songs must be performed in at least 80% French, a maximum allowance of other languages is 20% of the lyrics.
France 2 will not be holding a televised selection process but will be selecting their song for next years competition in Stockholm from the submissions.
Entries may be submitted to the following email address up until October 31: