Italy has selected the twins Chiara and Martina Scarpari to represent them at the 2015 Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The twins beat off competition from 9 other past participants of the contest “Ti lascio una canzone” tonight to win the ticket to represent Italy in Sofia, Bulgaria. The song that the sisters will be performing in Bulgaria will be internally selected at a later date. They will be hoping to replicate Vincenzo Cantiello’s win last year.
It was announced during the show that Gigi D’Alessio will write the song that will represent Italy this year. He has sold 20 million singles during his career and has participated the Sanremo Festival on three occasions in 2000, 2001 and 2012.
The participants tonight were:
The hopefuls are:
- Clara Palmeri (14 years – 6th edition)
- Valentina Baldelli (15 years – 6th edition)
- Sophia de Rosa & Andrea Ascanio (10 and 12 years – 7th and 5th edition)
- Rebecca Toschi (14 years – 7th edition)
- Giovanni Sutera Sardo (14 years – 6th edition) – Runner Up
- Chiara & Marina Scarpari (15 years – 7th edition) – Winners
- Gabriele Acqavia (15 years – 6th edition)
- Emanuele Bertelli (13 years – 6th edition)
- Claudia Ciccateri (13 years – 7th edition)
- Beatrice Coltella & Antonio Licari (11 and 15 years – 5th, 6th and 7th edition)