Estonia will once again use Eesti Laul to select their participant for the Eurovision Song Contest in 2016.
Submissions for this years competition will close on November 2, the decision was taken so that songs get more airtime before the competition takes place and so that performers can work on their performances longer before the competition starts.
The rules are as follows:
- All authors and performers must be residents or citizens of Estonia
- The song must not have been performed publicly before September 1st 2015
- Songs must not exceed 3 minutes in length
The dates of the shows are as follows:
- Semi Final 1 – 13 February
- Semi Final 2 – 20 February
- Final – 5 March