From the United Kingdom we return to the Nordics and to Sweden. Sweden are one of the favourites to win this years contest in Vienna with Måns Zelmerlöw and his song “Heroes”, could we be returning to Sweden after just two years away?
Sweden debuted in the 1958 contest with Alice Babs and the song “Lilla stjärna”, she finished in 4th place with 10 points. Sweden won the contest for the first time in 1974 with ABBA and their song “Waterloo”, the song which has cemented its place in history as one of the most well-known winners. Sweden has gone on to win the contest again in 1984, 1991, 1999 and 2012.
On the Eurojury today are well-known names from Meldoifestivalen as well as Lilla Melodifestivalen, they are:
- Caroline Wennergren – Participated in Melodifestivalen 2005 and 2015, in 2005 she finished in 5th place in the final with the song “A Different Kind Of Love”.
- Elise Ryd – Participated with Rickard Söderberg in Melodifestivalen 2015 finishing in 5th place in the first semi final.
- Mathilda Lindström – Participated in Lilla Melodifestivalen 2013 with the song “Lycka”.
- Victor Crone – Participated in Melodifestivalen 2015 alongside Behrang Miri with the song “Det rår vi inte för”, they were knocked out in Andra Chansen.
Here are the results of the Swedish Eurojury:
- Australia – 12 points
- Iceland – 10 points
- United Kingdom – 8 points
- Macedonia – 7 points
- Georgia – 6 points
- Belgium – 5 points
- Slovenia – 4 points
- Norway – 3 points
- Denmark – 2 points
- Azerbaijan – 1 point
After the Swedish vote, the top 5 now looks like this:
- Australia – 209 points
- Sweden – 153 points
- Italy – 146 points
- Russia – 105 points
- Albania – 90 points
We thank all the artists for taking time out to participate in Eurojury. You can see the results so far as a table here – Eurojury-Points-2015. And follow all the results so far on the Eurojury section our website here and on the official mini website here.
Don’t agree with the results? Tell us who you’d vote for here.
We return again tomorrow at 17:00 CET with more results.