14 songs have now been confirmed as participating in this years ABU Radio Song Festival in Myanmar.
In total 17 songs were submitted to participate in the festival, the announcement confirms that for the first time that both Iran and Australia will not be sending a song to the festival. The countries and artists confirmed for May 29th are:
- Brunei – Nurul Huda Fadilah Hj Md Junaidi (Dila) – Aku Milik Oran
- India – Peepal Tree – Nayi Kushi
- Indonesia – Billy Talahatu – Harmonize of the Soul
- Maldives – Moosa Mausoof – Farima
- Malaysia – Rasyidah Abd Rahim – Selingkuh Kasih
- Myanmar – Jewel & Eastern – Mingalar Bar
- Myanmar – Min Theik Di, Ko Linn & May Ingyin Thaw – Peaceful Earth
- Pakistan – Shakeel Mahota – Pakistan Tu Meri Jaan Hai
- Palestine – Dalal Abu Amned – Baladi
- Singapore – Sufie Rashid – Tiada Penggant
- South Korea – Jaewon Jung – View
- Sri Lanka – Shadir Ahmed and Wishmi Tharusha Hettiarachchi – Celebrate Us (Children)
- Thailand – Jack’s Fruit Band – Ban Khong Rao
- Vietnam – Dinh Thi Thanh Le – Waiting for you wholeheartedly
Not participating in the festival are:
- India – Padavi Deshmukh – Voice of Women
- Indonesia – Sisca Christin Dama – Selangkah Lebih Dekat
- Maldives – Zing Band – Khiyaar
Overall the number of submissions is up by one over 2014, with the number of countries participating also increasing by two thanks to the debut of Myanmar, the Maldives and Palestine, as well as the return of Vietnam.
The number of songs in the televised festival is also the highest that the ABU Radio Song Festival has seen. You can listen to all of the songs here.
You can also vote for your favourite songs here.