The final of Unser Song für Österreich has just finished in Germany and Ann Sophie will be representing Germany in Vienna, Austria. They beat off competition from seven other artists in the show.
Andreas Kummert won the public televote, however he declined going to Vienna to Eurovision and so said that Ann Sophie should go to the contest instead. She will perform “Black Smoke” for Germany at the 60th contest.
The show tonight took place in three parts. In the first round the following artists were knocked out:
- Fahrenhaidt – Frozen Silence
- Faun – Hörst Du Die Trommeln
- Mrs Greenbird – Shine, Shine, Shine
- Noize Generation – A Song For You
In the second round the following artists were knocked out:
- Alexa Feser – Das Gold von morgen
- Fahrenhaidt – Mother Earth
- Faun – Abschied
- Laing – Wechselt die Beleuchtung
- Mrs Greenbird – Take My Hand
- Noize Generation – Crazy Now
This left the competition between just Ann Sophie and Andreas Kümmert , in the end the German public selected Andreas Kummert and his song “Heart of Stone”, but instead Ann Sophie will go to Vienna.
Watch her winning performance below shortly.