Today is the crossover of Junior Eurovision and Eurovision. In Malta the second rehearsals begin for Junior Eurovision 2014 with eight countries taking to the stage again, while in Macedonia Eurovision 2015 officially gets underway with the first national selection of the season.
Eight countries take to the stage for the first time, while others are heading out across Malta to schools to take part in events. A total of 16 countries across Malta have been assigned to each country, with the school focusing on different aspects of their country’s culture.
The rehearsal times for today are as follows:
- The Netherlands 10:00-10:40 CET
- Sweden – 10:30-11:00
- Armenia – 11:00-11:30
- Russia – 11:30-12:00
- Italy – 13:00-13:30
- Ukraine – 13:30-14:00
- Bulgaria – 14:00-14:30
- Cyprus – 14:30-15:00
The second rehearsals are 30 minutes long, 10 minutes shorter than the first rehearsals. Today we will see the full staging from near enough all of the countries. This is the last long rehearsal for each country before the Dress Rehearsal and Jury Final on Friday.
While in Macedonia tonight from 20:30 CET Skopje Fest 2014 gets underway. It is the first time since 2011 that Macedonia have used a national selection to select their participant for Eurovision.
The show itself will be held at the “Metropolis” Arena in the Capital Skopje. The running order of the show will be decided by MRT to create a more enjoyable show for the viewers at home, who will be able to vote on all of the 20 songs in this years contest. And it’s not just the right to represent Macedonia at Eurovision that the singers will be competing for, there is also cash prizes for the top 3, they are:
- First Place – 20,000 Euro
- Second Place – 15,000 Euro
- Third Place – 10,000 Euro
Voting in the contest will be split 50% televote and 50% jury vote. The jury vote will be made up of seven different international juries from across Europe, each jury will be made up of 5 people from the music industry, including singers and producers.
The full list of participants is as follows:
- Lena Zatkoska – Alo
- Tanja Carovska – Ako mi se vratis
- Danijel Kajmakovski – Esenski lisja
- Vera Jankovik – Se plasham
- Risto Samardziev & Vlatko Ilievski – Sever-jug
- Evgenija Cancalova – Da ne te sakam
- Aleksandra Mihova – Srce cuva spomeni
- Lidija Kocovska & Marjan Stojanovski – Sonce niz oblaci
- Joce Panov – Ni lj od ljubovta
- Goran Naumovski & Sanja Kerkez – Mig bez tebe
- Aleksandar Tarabunov & Toni Mihajlovski – Marija
- Aleksandra Janeva – Vo tvojot svet
- Miyatta – Zaljuben
- Tamara Todevska – Brod sto tone
- Sanja Gjosevska – Sakam da letam
- Nade Talevska – Znam
- Viktorija Loba – Edna edinstvena
- Verica Pandilovska – Samo za tebe
- Nina Janeva – Bluz za…
- Dimitar Andonovski – Se shto ti vetiv
Remeber to take part in our partner site W12Ps’ prediction contest. All you must do is email the name of the participant you think you will win the Macedonian selection to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19:30 CET. If you participant wins you score 20 points, if they come last they will score 1 point. The prediction contest will take place for every national selection across Europe, with a winner being declared after all the national selections have taken place.
The show can be watched live below: