For the first time the public will have a say in who will win Turkvizyon. Last year the results were decided by a jury made up of representatives from all of the participating with the public having no say in the results. However this year the public will have a 50% say in the results, while the jury will have the other 50% say in the results.
Furthermore how the jury functions has been revealed in the rules that have been released today. The rules state that:
- The jury is made up of the head of delegation from each country, plus six jurors from the host nation, one from the main event sponsor, and two on behalf of the organising company.
- The jurors are to review the composition and the voice of each participant
- The jurors are then asked to score each song from 1-100 points, they are not allowed to use .5 points.
The jury scores are calculated by the following method:
- The highest and lowest scores for each song will be discarded, if two jurors give the same points that are either the highest or lowest given only one of the jurors results will be removed.
- The points are then calculated for each song, with the song gaining the highest points receiving the highest marks from the jury.
- In the event of a tie between two songs, the song which received the highest marks from the Chairman of the Jury will be placed ahead of the other song.
It has however not been stated how the points for the televote will be calculated, whether they are on a national basis or just as a whole. Or what the points that are allocated to the songs from the jury or the televote are.
For all of the rules in full in Turkish click here.