With the final of Eurovision Young Musicians 2014 just hours away, we wanted to put the show into perspective, so here is a look at the contest in numbers:
1. There can be only one winner of Eurovision Young Musician 2014
2. There are two debuting countries this year, they are Malta and Moldova
3. The number of countries returning this year, Hungary, Portugal and Sweden have all returned to EYM this year
4. How many times Austria has won the contest, they are the most successful country in the contest.
5. The number of people on this years jury, they hold the power tonight awarding points to the participants based on their performance tonight as well as the pre-round.
6. The number of countries that took part in the first contest back in 1982 which was won by Germany.
7. The number of different instruments that are being performed in this years contest
9. The number of members of the interval act Flying Steps.
17. The age that Judith Stapf the German entrant has turned today, it’s one amazing birthday present.
23. How many Eurovision Young Musicians there have been including tonight’s show since it launched in 1982.
Remember to join us from 20:00 CET for 2 hours of Eurovision Young Musicians 2014.