Tonight is the last Saturday of the Eurovision season with Moldova, Norway and Portugal selecting their entrants for Eurovision 2014. While in Denmark the final of MGP Junior takes place.
Here is the schedule for the shows:
- Moldova – O Melodie Pentru Europa – 19:00 CET
- Denmark – MGP Junior – 20:00 CET
- Norway – Melodi Grand Prix – 19:55 CET
- Portugal – Festival da Canção 2014 – 23:19 CET
Also today the announcement of the Russian artist will take place, while Azerbaijan are expected to reveal their song for Eurovision.
Moldova kicks off the night’s Eurovision selection finals with O Melodie Pentru Europa. 16 Acts are in the final fighting to be the act that will fly the Moldovan act in Copenhagen.
The running order for tonight’s show is as follows:
- Diana Staver – “One and all”
- Doinița Gherman – “Energy”
- Boris Covali – “Perfect Day”
- Tatiana Heghea – “I’m Yours”
- Lucia S. – “Frozen”
- Margarita Ciorici & Metafora – “Vis”
- Ana Cernicova – “Dragostea divină”
- Edict – “Forever”
- FLUX LIGHT – “NeverStop No”
- Aurel Chirtoacă – “Urme de iubiri”
- Paralela 47 – “Fragmente”
- Diana Brescan – “Hallelujah”
- Mikaella – “Follow Your Dreams”
- Curly – “Your Recovery”
- Cristina Scarlat – “Wild Soul”
- Felicia Dunaf – “The Way I Do”
As normal there will be a 50/50 public and televote split. So the top act with the televoters will be awarded 12 points, and the top act with the jury will be awarded 12 points, meaning the maximum score for a song is 24 points. The jury in the final are:
- Alex Calancea (instrumentalist and producer)
- Andrei Sava (composer)
- Cristina Pintilie (singer)
- Tatiana Postolachi (lyricist)
- Ruslan Ţaranu (singer)
- Ilona Stepan (conductor)
- Nelly Ciobanu (2009 Eurovision entrant)
- Anatol Chiriac (composer)
- Ina Jeltova (journalist)
You can watch the show live from 19:00 CET here.
In Norway it’s the final of Melodi Grand Prix 2014, this year has seen a revamped format which has brought a different feel to the contest. Last weekend the three semi finals were held and we now have the 9 acts that will take part in the final.
The running order for tonight is:
- El Cuero – Ain’t No Love (In This City No More)
- Elisabeth Carew – Sole Survivor
- Knut Kippersund Nesdal – Taste Of You
- Dina Misund – Needs
- Mo – Heal
- Linnea Dale – High Hopes
- Charlie – Hit Me Up
- Carl Epsen – Silent Storm
- Oda & Wulff – Sing
The final as always will be coming live from the Oslo Spektrum, and the hosts will be Jenny Skavlan and Erik Solbakken. The winner of tonight’s show will be decided by the public, it is not know whether the regional vote will remain as in previous years.
You can watch the show live on NRK here from 19:55 CET.
Finally Portugal who are making their return to the Eurovision Song Contest will select their entrant tonight. Festival da Canção will once again be used to select their entrant. This year the show took place in two parts, last week 10 acts performed in a semi final where the five finalists were selected, the five finalists are:
- Rui Andrade – Ao teu encontro
- Catarina Pereira – Mea culpa
- Zana – Nas asas da sorte
- Raquel Guerra – Sonhos roubados
- Suzy – Quero ser tua
The winner of tonight’s show is decided by 100% televote and will fly the Portuguese flag in Copenhagen. You can watch the show live from 23:19 CET here.
In Denmark away from the Eurovision bubble is the final of MGP Junior. MGP Junior is a song contest for kids in Denmark and is the format upon which the Junior Eurovision Song Contest is based. This year 10 kids will be competing to be crowned the winner of MGP Junior 2014.
The 10 kids are:
- Emma Pi – Du ser den anden vej (You look the other way) (Gentofte)
- Simone & Anemone – Drømmeland (Dreamland) (Frederiksberg)
- The Lucis – Aldrig gå din vej (Never go your way) (Allerød )
- Marcus – Julie (Slangerup)
- Marius – Dig og mig (You and Me) (Stellenbosch)
- Black Moon – Fun in the summer (Copenhagen)
- The Cone Zone – Den sure nabo (The watching neighbor) (Bagsvaerd / Hørsholm)
- Chili – Ikke uden dig (Not without you) (Kirke Hyllinge)
- Lærke – Så ta’ den dog (Then bring the dog) (Silkeborg)
- Benedikte K. & The Sisters – Det’ for sent nu (It’ for late now) (Middelfart)
The show can be watched live on DR 1 from 20:00 CET.