And another Young Musician is known after Norway selected its participant on Friday and aired the national final yesterday. After some intense music and some beautiful postcards, Norway finally declared their winner.
- Soran Lind – Saxophone – (17) from Oslo.
- Sonoko Miriam Shimano Welde – Violin – (17) from Laksevåg.
- Trond Sagbakken – Trumpet – (15) from Vestre Gausdal.
- Mirjam Kammler – Chello – (17) from Drammen.
- Julie Frøystein – Tuba – (18) from Sandnes.
Winning the ticket to Cologne, Germany to participate in the Eurovision Young Musicians for Norway in May is Sonoko Miriam Shimano Welde who played the violin and is from Laksevåg. She is 17 years of age. She says that:
Aside from playing the violin, I like to be with friends, go to the movies, watch figure skating and tennis and read. My favourite composer is Johannes Brahms.
Norway won Eurovision Young Musicians in 2012.