Norway will select their entrant for Eurovision Young Musicians tonight. Virtuos reaches its pinnacle tonight as 6 young musicians compete to represent Norway in Cologne this May.
The 6 hopefuls are:
- Soran Lind – Saxophone – (17) from Oslo.
- Sonoko Miriam Shimano Welde – Violin – (17) from Laksevåg.
- Trond Sagbakken – Trumpet – (15) from Vestre Gausdal.
- Mirjam Kammler – Chello – (17) from Drammen.
- Julie Frøystein – Tuba – (18) from Sandnes.
The winner of the contest tonight will also win 100,000 NOK (11,870 Euro). The final itself took place on Friday night. Norway have one of the strongest records in Eurovision Young Musicians coming in the top.3 every year since 2006.
You can watch the show live here.