BNT of Bulgaria have on their Facebook page welcomed the deadline extension announced today by DR. So far a total of 37 countries have confirmed that they will be in Copenhagen, however Bulgaria along with Croatia, Cyprus and Serbia have said they are withdrawing.
BNT announced on Friday in a statement that:
Given the cost of this project and pending budget cuts next year, BNT decided to withdraw from Eurovision Song Contest as a first step in the financial constraints the channel will have to take.
However when asked on Facebook whether the new date could mean that Bulgaria would take part, they said that:
This is a question you should expect the most accurate and precise reply by the media. However, in principle any support in this situation should be considered as a welcome.
They also told replied to another comment about the news saying that:
It’s quite natural that as long the deadline is not over, there is still a reason to hope for the best possible outcome.