Press Enter / Return to begin your search.
A Total Of 12 Countries Taking Part
A Total Of 12 Countries Taking Part

It has been confirmed today that a total of 12 countries will be taking part in Junior Eurovision 2013. These 12 countries are:

  • Armenia
  • Azerbaijan
  • Belarus
  • Georgia
  • Macedonia
  • Malta
  • Moldova
  • Netherlands
  • Russia
  • San Marino
  • Sweden
  • Ukraine

Vladislav Yakolev told JuniorEurovision.tv that:

Interest has been unprecedented this year ; not only from the participating nations but from all over the world. We’re extremely proud to provide a stage for top young singers from the 12 countries to show their talent. We also thank NTU and Ukraine for their incredible efforts and for fully personifying their ‘Be Creative’ theme.”

Oleksandr Panteleimonov the Director General of NTU the host broadcaster said that:

Our team has been working hard on bringing all of our ideas to life so that it will create a fairytale atmosphere that will not only be a wonderful experience for the children in the show, but for everyone watching.This will be the biggest event that the National Palace of Arts Ukraina has ever seen.

This years contest sees a number of changes as we move into the second decade of the contests running. This year prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. The children will also be involved in the running order pulling their draw number out. Spokespersons will also be on the stage in Kiev, and as we revealed last week the winner will be going to Eurovision 2014.

Source: EBU/NTU

8 thoughts on “Kiev’13: It’s 12 For 2013”

  1. THAT IS VERY VERY UNFAIR! 12 COUNTRIES IN KIEV FOR 2013 JUNIOR EUROVISION IS ENOUGH FOR A BOYCOTT!!!!! INCREASE THE PARTICIPATION OF COUNTRIES BEFORE NOVEMBER 25 OR ELSE, WE WILL PROTEST AGAINST THIS!!!! I ALREADY MADE A PETITION ON CHANGE.ORG REGARDING THIS, SO SIGN UP AND YOUR SIGNATURES WILL BE ENOUGH TO SUBMIT TO THE EBU, OR ELSE, WE WILL NOT WATCH JUNIOR EUROVISION UNTIL WE HEARD UR CRIES!

  2. John, I think your frustration is understandable and we too would give anything to have EVERY single country participating as we love the ideals behind the Junior Eurovision Song Contest and have been working as hard as we can to keep it fresh, interesting and, most importantly, FUN for the kids involved.

    Threatening to boycott the event just hurts the countries, children and their families who have worked incredibly hard at developing their songs, rehearsing their singing and dance moves as well as looking forward to one of the biggest and best nights of their lives – to perform in front of a live audience and beyond their own borders.

    You’re better off contacting the broadcasters of countries that aren’t participating. No country or child who is part of Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2013 deserves anything but our respect, encouragement and support: it’s the spirit of the event.

  3. I abolutely agree with you, Kath. If anything is unfair, then it’s the behaviour of those countries who do not participate this year and therefore don’t give their children the chance to show their talents. Especially Cyprus who’d had been offered the best support by both EBU and NTU and still rejected it. But who knows, miracles sometimes happen, they might be still a last minute surprise waiting for us 🙂

  4. John,we are very happy with the 12 countries. Maybe next Year we will see more countries. With the New changes and more publicity countries will Return. EBU has invited members to watch the Show. And a Big 5 country has accepted the invitation. So,we (Spain) will be there next Year! (Hopely)

  5. EBU must also revamp the JESC format and change some of its rules, it should have sorted out some of the problems sooner that made the nordic countries leave the contest and Finland not wanting to debut, and also they should make the time slot for JESC even earlier e.g. have it starting in the middle of the afternoon (16:30 GMT) to finish for 18:30 (GMT), also moving the day of the contest to Friday instead of Saturday would increase viewing figures, as its the sort of time kids mainly watch TV in most countries, it would certainly make it easier for Croatia then to participate, and for the BBC to broadcast it on their kids channel. But yeah the format and rules have become tiresome and its time for a bit of a change around

  6. To those who bash me, I hereby giving mea culpa for what I have done. It is my fault for posting unnecessary comments because I am not happy about the “diamond dozen” in Kiev. So, with this, I hereby admit guilt and undertake that I will respect your opinion.

Leave a Comment