It’s now just a few days till Junior Eurovision 2012 and to get you in the mood for the contest on Saturday we have decided to bring you a few facts about the contest that you may not know. So here are today’s five:
- On Saturday night we will hear Azerbaijani in a Eurovision song for the first time ever.
- It is now impossible to get nul points at JESC, since 2005 each song has been given 12 points before the voting begins.
- Songs in the contest are not allowed to have more than 25% of their lyrics in any other language than their own, however Georgia in 2008 won the contest with a song in a nonsense language.
- Five countries have withdrawn from the contest twice, these are Bulgaria, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania and Sweden.
- When the contest debuted back in 2003, Germany and Slovakia were down on the list of participants however they did not take part.